Thursday, December 31, 2015

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!



I LOVE the beginning of a new year! Henry and I chose January 1 as our wedding date because of my ridiculous obsession with it. I have this thing for new beginnings, when I feel that all things are new.

I don't think it is isolated to the start of a new year. I love the start of school. I can remember even as a little girl the excitement of a new school year.....the new bottle of glue, the fresh notebook paper, the nice sharp pencils. Ha! That sounds crazy but I love everything about new things.

It is also this thought that refreshes me when I think of the blessings of the Lord. How I always need a new morning, another helping of mercy, a "do-over." A verse that sticks with me is Lamentations 3:22-23The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases;his mercies never come to an end;they are new every morning;great is your faithfulness.

Big praise there!! Thank you Lord for new beginnings and then more new beginnings when I've messed those up too.

I am a list maker and a goal setter. I'm the person who reads blogs and ebooks about goal setting every year. I ponder on goals. I scribble goals. I finally come around to what I think I'd like to work on. According to many people who know far more than I do, Crystal at Money saving mom (who I think is my personal friend) and Zig Ziglar (Henry's friend), the benefits of setting goals are astounding.

I had a little trouble going between goals and dreams as I whittled the pool and the RV off of my list. (Boo!) But this is what I came up with for 2016:

Goal #1 Spiritual Goal: To live as if living for the Lord

My plan includes: Faithfully doing a daily Bible study, Joining a midweek Thrive class at my church and taking the kids to Kidzpointe, Hosting a once a month friend group to grow Christian friendships, making Sunday a day of rest

Goal #2 Family Goal: To grow closer

My plan includes: Making sure we eat at least three meals each week SITTING DOWN together, Having a date night with Henry at least once a month, either Henry or I having at least an hour of one on one time with each child each week

Goal #3 Health Goal: To feel and act with more energy

My plan includes: Read books that inspire me, Focus on a positive attitude, Walk at least a mile each day, implement healthier eating habits

Goal #4 Financial Goals

Our plan includes (this is a team effort): using cash for most purchases during the month, saving at least 3 months expenses, replacing Henry's vehicle, and continuing to fund at least one vacation this year
Even cash envelopes look more appealing with pretty titles!


Whew!! So....I have a lot of work to do. What's that they say? A goal that is not written down is just a dream! I HAVE GOALS!

Happy New Year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment