Wednesday, July 13, 2011

It takes a village

Well, maybe it doesn't take a village...but wouldn't that be nice?  I am home alone tonight with the babies.  Everyone else had "things" to attend.  I was making bottles while listening to the babies cry impatiently "mom- a - moma - mom- a".  The moments during the day when there is just one you and too many "to-do's" left when you're done for....well...that was one of them.

I was finishing up the bottles and I glanced out my kitchen window and saw the sweetest sight.  A little girl was on her scooter and her grandfather was lined up beside her with his best "ready, set, go" stance.  They took off and he kept up for a bit! I watched for a moment and realized that I had this HUGE smile on my face. I was quickly brought back to the task at hand....and the babies were satisfied and ready for bed.

That scene still stuck in my head, I sat down to write this.  How amazing that must be to have people  to invest in the lives of your children.  There must be so many great things to come from that.  I can only imagine that your sanity would be saved a little, your load would feel lighter, your marriage would be better.  I could go on and on.

What is the purpose of all of this rambling?  I'm not quite sure.  I guess it would be to tell you that if you are reading this and you have people,whether friends or family, who are in a position to pour love all over, into, and around your kids....Enjoy it!  It is certainly a special blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment