Tuesday, June 21, 2011

A messy house but not a messy heart

Today is like most other days. I have done the never ending pick up of toys in the midst of the ordinary maintenance of the housework.  I have done the dash from living room to playroom at a maddening pace...only for the toys to reappear minutes later.  I have cleaned up under highchairs way more than it seems should be necessary.  The dirty bottoms, the runny noses and the yogurt covered faces really could get the best of me today. My living room has been converted temporarily (I hope) into a community of quilt-tents for Haigan and Lana Grace.  I have constantly reminded myself today (and it has been a struggle) to embrace these moments.  I don't think my children see what I see in this house.  What I need to see is a house of comfort, creativity and love that we are creating.  I am not sure I would let you in if you came to my door right now.  But as I sit and listen to Haigan playing his guitar and watch Lana Grace dance, while hearing the babies giggle from their bedroom....only my house is messy.  My heart is a happy place.

No comments:

Post a Comment