Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Up, up and away!

Holton, my 17 year old,  received his private pilot's license two weeks ago.   He has worked so hard and for years toward this so I am very proud. He can now fly small planes with passengers without his instructor.  I was totally thrilled when he asked me to meet him at the airport to be his first official passenger.  I temporarily forgot my sickening fear of heights.....for about a minute.  Although I was totally dramatic and pretty much had him turn around as soon as we got started, it was a great experience.  I did tell him that I was glad that I had never gone before because he would probably not have been allowed to continue training!  So, here's to private pilot Holton!  I must include this picture of the last time I was his passenger. He was two!  Where have the years gone?

No comments:

Post a Comment