Wednesday, June 22, 2011

There she goes...

Annabeth took her first steps about two weeks ago and has gotten really confident in the past few days.  I was actually, and still am I suppose, very anxious for the twins to walk.  They watch Lana Grace and kick their feet in their wagon as they see her run freely through the back yard.  It seems very appealing to them and I have felt that they were being left out of some of the fun activities.  But as this milestone is reached, it is bittersweet. I had a professor in college who once said "Mothers have the hardest jobs because they have to let their hearts walk around in the world."  I don't know if she was quoting someone else or if she spoke from her own mama heart but that just stuck with me.  I was a very new mother at the time but I still got it.  Not quite like I get it now, but I understood.  Right now, we lure Annabeth by excitedly saying "come to mama, come to mama" and she does.  She comes with the sweetness and innocence of all that she was created to be....bringing it all to mama.  I know that this entire life is likened to a vapor...so these brief moments pass so quickly that I can't even comprehend it.  My prayer for my girls, and all of my kids, is that their steps will be lit by His word. I pray that the paths that they take lead them to the foot of the cross.  Four of my five hearts are now walking around in this very big world.

Oh be careful little feet where you go.......

No comments:

Post a Comment