Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Rain, Rain

For the past few days, we have been receiving small showers of rain in the afternoon.  Yesterday was no exception.  I tried to remember if the twins had seen "real" rain, at least since they have been old enough to notice it.  So I quickly got Haigan to help me get them to the back porch so we could sit and let them watch.  As all of the showers have, it quickly faded into a sprinkle and then it was gone, with only a few steamy puddles to remember it by.  I had noticed my sad little marigolds earlier in the day, dry and in need of some attention.  But as the rain left, they were just shining with color.  I just had to take a picture of them. (We're very proud of them as they are the one thing we had time to plant this year.)  It really made me stop and think about the rain.  I feel like there have been many showers of rain in my life, many disappointments, so many things that I wish I'd done differently.  During those times when it was "raining" and "stormy", I certainly would have wished to be anywhere but in the middle of it.  But just like our little pots of marigolds, I needed the rain.  I hope that I have been polished just a little bit during my life's rainstorms and that I can shine just a little brighter now too.

No comments:

Post a Comment